Friday, July 10, 2009

OUR MISSION


I believe that all sentient beings share equally in the right to a happy life and in as peaceful a manner as possible. Through human interference, manipulation, inconsiderate breeding, neglect and abuse, millions of animals suffer needlessly.

I believe that all life is sacred, that all our lives are interconnected and that the suffering of one affects us all. I believe in and support the ethical treatment of all sentient beings.

I believe in the motto “Each One Adopt One”, whether it be a dog, cat, hamster, horse, goat, bird or turtle or even a plant. There is one pet in need that will enrich your life and for whom you will bring security.

I believe in the motto “Each One Spay/Neuter One”. Only through mass spaying /neutering can we stop the exponential growth of unwanted and abandoned pets who will suffer gruesome fates. If you do not own a pet, you can sponsor the neutering/spaying of those pets around you or at the shelter of your choice. Help us help them by preventing the ultimate loss of life.

Saint Roch Gardens and Animal Sanctuary is located in Lacombe, Louisiana and is my abode and that of my rescued animals (and plants).

I endeavour to create a place of safety, comfort and care for my adopted animals. My goal is to continue to landscape in such a way as to blend paths, cultivated areas, meditation areas and animal habitats with balance and harmony.

I am not a shelter but a sanctuary.

However I also plan to have an emergency holding area for rescued dogs that are obviously homeless and/or in imminent danger, so they can be suitably re-homed. I will primarily focus on dogs in the Lacombe area of St Tammany. I cannot pick up puppies that were carelessly bred or animals that are being rehomed at the owner’s wishes.

If you know of an animal in danger in the Lacombe area, you should get in touch with me asap, unfortunately I am very limited in space and resources at this time. Until I am able to expand, I will do my utmost to help in any way I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment